Thursday 4 June 2015

A good start to June

 
Buttercup Field
watercolour on paper
(10 x 12 " mounted)
 
That's English weather for you - after the recent strong winds today dawned bright and sunny and stayed that way all day with hardly a breath of wind to be found - Hurray!
 
There is so much happening in the rural landscape at the moment you don't have to go far to find something to paint. In fact you could probably choose one spot, enjoy a good paint and simply turn 45 degrees to find another beautiful vista crying out to be captured in your favourite medium.
 
 
 
June morning
watercolour on paper
(10 x 12" mounted)
 
..Which is exactly what I did this morning. I expected there to be more people out enjoying the weather but in fact there were very few.
 
I am hoping it will be much the same tomorrow so I can go out again and lose myself in the
 meadows before the next lot of rain which is bound to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment