Thursday 2 April 2015

Notes from a small sketchbook

 
April 1st
 
I've been challenged by someone to try and fill the really small Moleskine watercolour sketchbook which is only 9 x 14 cm and comes only in a landscape format, by producing a sketch-a-day throughout April. I have used the larger size sketchbooks before but not this mini one.
 
So here is Day 1, which just goes to show how much practice I need on figures and how much practice people need in keeping still for longer when out enjoying themselves (don't they know how difficult it is?)

 
April 2nd
 
This is the day before Good Friday so I thought Daffodils would be appropriate.
I quite like the paper but I am not sure yet how much water it will take. At 200gsm it should be good to work on. I don't know if I shall last another 28 days but I definitely want to work more in sketchbooks of various sizes and formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment